International Coaches Federation - St. Louis Chapter
As coaches, we believe that all great discoveries and breakthroughs are preceded by curiosity, and we are delighted that your curiosity has led you to us.
- Do you want to take your life or business to the next level by hiring a coach?
- Are you looking to transition into a new career within the coaching industry?
- Are you interested in understanding more about the coaching profession?
Please accept our invitation to come, explore, discover, learn, and grow.
Join Us on Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Ontological and Somatic Coaching Core Competencies: Creating Awareness and Designing Actions
Coaches help clients create shifts in thinking and action that will open new possibilities. One crucial element often missing is that all thinking and actions take place in the context of a physical body (soma). This month’s meeting provides a framework for coaches to use to involve the physical way of being in the coaching process.
Annette Brackin will review a model of ontological coaching and the relevance of coherence of one’s way of being, and then focus on somatic coaching which teaches people how to work with the physical body as a domain of rich learning and required vehicle to take skillful action. She will lead you through somatic exercises you can use to explore the role of your own coherence in new ways as well as offer new distinctions to your clients.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Articulate how physical bodies shape and alter thinking, mental models, moods, emotions, stories, beliefs and behavior.
- Describe why Ontological and Somatic Coaching create new possibilities by including the physical body in the mix.
- Share the results of their somatic practice experiences and describe what physically awakens them to support their goals
- Involve basic physical elements in their coaching practices.
Participants are invited to come and be open to new ideas, participate fully and enjoy and engage! They are asked to wear clothing comfortable for physical movement in the room to experience somatic practices. No strenuous exercise will be performed, just movement connected to thinking patterns and possibilities for the future.
General Meeting Details
ICF St. Louis meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of every month.
||February 24, March 24, April 28, May 26, June 23, July 28, August 25, No September meeting, October 27, November 17, December 15 - Holiday Party.
Open Networking: 5:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Chapter Meeting: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
||The Heights, 8001 Dale Ave., Richmond Heights, MO 63117